Guidelines & Agreement for Use of USD 384 Facilities
Building administrator is Brady Burton, Superintendent.
Community Groups and Individuals are permitted use of USD 384 facilities for conducting organized activities by complying with the Fee Schedule for facility use and guidelines listed below:
- Usage fee: $7.50 per hour to a maximum of $75.00 per day.
- If custodian is required: $15.00 per hour additional.
- Fees are to be paid when keys are returned. Please note: If it is determined that facility has not been cleaned after usage an assessed fee will be determined and charged to the individual(s) responsible.
- Fee will be waived for the following USD 384 groups: churches within the district boundaries, civic groups within the district boundaries, groups with a majority of Blue Valley students included and/or participating.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES
- No one is to be in any area other than the areas approved.
- It is the responsible person(s) listed obligation to leave facility in same condition in which it was found. A fee will be charged for custodian(s) overtime rate for any clean up required. Facility must be swept; trash picked up; restrooms checked and cleaned. It is the responsible individual(s) listed to know where cleaning supplies are located prior to renting.
- Notify building administrator within 24 hours if any problems occur.
- Notify building administrator immediately of any accidents.
- If renting the gym, volleyball nets are the only equipment furnished. Individual(s) responsible listed is/are accountable for set up and take down.
- School district is not responsible for items left, lost, or stolen.
- All doors and windows must be closed and locked. Lights must be shut off.
- The individual(s) responsible listed must pay for damages that occur while facility is rented including materials and labor occurred.
- School district use of the facility takes priority over any other organized scheduled activity.
- Please visit with superintendent and/or principal about any concerns.
- Any changes of this agreement must be approved before implementation by building administrator.
- No smoking, chewing tobacco, drinking of alcoholic beverages, or disorderly conduct permitted.
- If one facility is rented, trading with another party for a different facility without approval from building administrator is not allowed.
- Keys must be picked up no sooner than the last school day prior to the building usage. Keys must be turned in to office next school day following use.
- Calls for reservations must be made at least one day in advance. Calls should be made to the district office during the hours of 8:00am – 3:30pm. No reservations will be made on weekends or evenings unless it is an emergency.
- Keys are NOT to be given to any other individual without prior approval of the building administrator. Keys are not to be duplicated.
- Booking use of the facility may be done in advance for scheduled activities. Practices or non-scheduled activities may not be scheduled more than one month in advance.
- Machines and/or equipment will not be rented to anyone.
- Faculty and staff need approval of the building principal for facility use.
- Individual(s) responsible listed must be at least 21 years of age to sign.
- Persons using USD 384 facility will not discriminate.
- Teacher, faculty member, or school employee may be required to be present at all times for the use of other areas, as determined by the school, and will be paid at his or her hourly rate by the responsible person.
- In consideration of use of USD 384 facilities, the individual(s) responsible as listed:
- Releases, holds harmless and indemnifies USD 384, its Board members, employees and agents from any and all liability or responsibility for bodily injury of every kind, nature or description now existing or which may arise in the future from any physical or mental injury, loss or harm whether intentional, negligent or without fault, to the responsible person, participant, spectator or any other person arising from the use of USD 384 personnel, facilities, or equipment.
- Releases, holds harmless and indemnifies USD 384, its Board members, employees and agents from any and all liability or responsibility for property damage of every kind, nature or description now existing or which may arise in the future from any damage, loss or harm, whether intentional, negligent or without fault, to the property of USD 384, the responsible person, participants, spectators or any other person arising from the use of USD 384 facilities or equipment.
- Upon request, obtain a school approved Release of Liability form from all participants in activity/event.
- Upon request, provide to the school proof of liability and medical insurance in the minimum amount of $500,000.00/$100,000.00 and voluntary medical insurance in the minimum amount of $5000.00 for all participants in the activity/event.
To fill out a Facility Use Form
Use our online form - email address required
Download the form, fill it out, sign it, drop off at the District Office or FAX it to the District Office
Stop buy the District Office, pick up a form