All posted Board of Education minutes are unofficial until approved at the succeeding regular BOE meeting.
EXCERPTS of USD #384 Regular Board of Education Meeting4
A Regular Board of Education meeting for USD #384 Blue Valley was held on May 9, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. in the Board Room. Members present were Mitch Innes, Jason Hartman, Reo Shultz, Melissa Geisler, and Tim Innes Administration present was John Cox, Superintendent and Melody Pfaff, Board Clerk.
CALL TO ORDER: President, Mitch Innes called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
APPROVE THE AGENDA: The Board approved the agenda as presented.
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: Board and guests recited the Pledge of Allegiance.
WELCOME GUESTS: President, Mitch Innes welcomed our guests.
POSITIVE BOARD COMMENTS:
1. FFA banquet was top notch.
2. Mr. Schreiber has done a great job setting up field trips for the McCormick Elementary students.
3. The senior sneak is going well.
SPECIAL REPORTS: None
RECOGNITION OF STUDENTS/STAFF: On behalf of the baseball team Mitch Innes presented the game ball from the first ever baseball game win to the board. The baseball team expressed their thanks for everything the board has done to get a baseball program in place.
RAM WAY STUDENT(S) OF THE MONTH:
1. McCormick Elementary School – Brayden Plummer
2. Blue Valley Middle School – Gage and Coy Williams
3. Blue Valley High School – Tiffany Lambert
PRINCIPAL REPORTS: These were noted with no additions.
· ESSER III-Waiting for KSDE to provide an update on the application.
· Meal Price Increase 2022-2023 –Meal prices will need to be increased for the 2022- 2023 school year. More information will be presented at the June board meeting for board approval.
· Water Fountains-The water fountains for the high school have been ordered and should be arriving soon.
· Preschool – The three-year old class will be down in numbers next year. Out-of-district applications are being accepted to help increase numbers.
OPEN FORUM: No one addressed the Board during open forum.
CONSENT AGENDA: The Board approved the Consent Agenda as follows:
1. Approved Minutes: April 11, 2022 Regular Board of Education Meeting; April 19, 2022 Special Board of Education Meeting.
2. Approved Receipts
3. Approved Resignations: Jenny Peter-Board Treasurer/Middle School Secretary effective May 27, 2022; Tricia Reichert-High School English Language Teacher effective at the end of the 2021-2022 school year.
4. Out of State Trips – None
5. Out of District Approvals – None
6. Approved 2022-2023 Preschool Calendar
7. Approved Hirings: Farren Constable-Part-Time Technology Director; Colleen Hampton- High School Science Teacher; Alison Moore-Board Clerk
Remote Learning Waiver - Nothing to approve Bus Rental – No action taken.
Communication Plan – The communication plan was discussed and the board recommended changes. This will be placed on the June Agenda for approval. Once approved, a summarized version will be distributed to parents and students.
Approve Warrants/Transfers – The Board approved the warrants/transfers as presented.
Personnel: The Board held an executive session with John Cox discuss personnel. The purpose of the executive session is to protect the privacy interests of an identifiable individual.
Tim Innes left the executive session at 6:50 p.m.
Meeting reconvened and it was noted that no action was taken during the executive session.
The Board approved the recommendation from administration to renew classified staff and supplemental contract staff as presented.
Scheduled Activities Attendance - Board members signed up to attend activities for the remainder of the school year.
Future Agenda Items:
b. Communication Plan
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 7:33 p.m.